- I prepooed with Ojon Restorative Pre-Cleansing Treatment.
- Shampooed with Ojon Tawaka Rejuventaing Cleanser.
- DC with ORS Replensihing Pak, Suave Humectant, Texture Smoothing Conditioner & Rosemary EO with heat for 30 minutes.
- Leave in is Giovanni Direct, Pantene Relaxed & natural Conditioner for the leave in comb out conditioner. Sealed with Castor oil.
- Placed hair in about 20 twists, secured at base with hair clip.
- Air dry over night.
Saturday, June 27
Friday, June 26
Mom: What's going on with your hair? Your hair makes you look like an African.
Dad: That's how it is supposed to be looking.
Mom: He means it looks good like that.
Me: What do you mean?
Mom: Oh, I meant it in a good way too.....
Saturday, June 20
Now I know, by getting back to natural, I have to let my hair do what it do....I guess I will just learn to work with it. In an effort to increase the texture in the front, this evening I decided to lightly dampen the front & section and twist into about 7 twists.
Friday, June 19
I decided if I still felt like this after the DC & shampoo, I would do it this evening....
Friday, June 12
Sunday, June 7
Here's what I did this time:
- Prepooed with Ojon Restorative Pre-Cleansing Treatment. The label says leave it on for up to 5 minutes, but whatever, I put it on, went to the grocery store, & then rinsed it out.
- Shampooed with Ojon Tawaka Rejuvenating Cleanser. Conditioned with Ojon Tawaka Rejuvenating Conditioner for 5 minutes. Rinsed out.
- Sectioned hair into 4 sections and applied Giovanni Direct Leave-In. Applied HE Break's Over to each section as a leave-in. Combed out without very few tangles or knotting YEA!Sectioned each quarter section into 2 sections and did Bantu knots.
- After this I proceeded to go get my hair cornrowed by my mother, in the two layer style so I can pop on my half cap whenever I want.
I will definitely be using this method going forward. The only other thing that worked this well was the oil rinsing method I tried a few months back. I can't wait until my BC, when I can try the fingercoil method with the conditioner like the tightlycurly.com site recommends for the ultimate curl definition with no friziness.
Saturday, June 6
I forgot to use it on wash day, so I refrigerated it & poured it on my scalp and hair while braided up the next day.
Nettle contains a great number of amino acids, glucidic substances, amines, sterols, cetones, ketones as methyl heptenone, acetophenone, volatile oil, fat substances, sitosterols, formic and acetic acid, panthotenic acid, folic acid, chlorophyl, protoporphyrine and coproporphynine. It also contains vitamins C, B2 and K, beta-carotene, calcium, magnesium, iron and Si salts, & phosphates. Because of these wonderful compounds, the plant also has anti-anaemic, anti-diabetic, hemostatic and diuretic properties. http://www.liveandfeel.com/medicinalplants/nettle.html
Friday, June 5
President Barack Obama bends over so the son of a White House staff member can pat his head during a family visit to the Oval Office May 8, 2009. The youngster wanted to see if the President's haircut felt like his own.
Wednesday, June 3
- Will I still be cute and a babe?
- Will people who already know me view me differently?
- Will people who don't know me at all form a different opinion of me due to my hair?
- My head is already big, will it look bigger?
- Is it too short to style?
- What type of curl pattern will I have, if any?