Sunday, June 5

Summertime Bantu Knots

So after over a month of wet twistouts, I was wanting something less... bulky.  But the humdity today is off the charts, so I knew almost any blowdrying efforts would fruitless unless I did a tight bun & tied my hair down with a scarf.  After some thought, I decided to do Bantu knots after blowdrying as that would keep my hair stretched out...or so I hoped!
My regimen this week:
  • Giovanni 50/50 Shampoo
  • DC with ORS pack & Motions CPR
  • Leave-in BWC
  • Sealed with Shea Oil (YES LIQUID SHEA OIL)
  • Applied Fantasia Frizz Buster Serum
  • Blowdried each section about 75% dry
  • Applied just one spritz of Set It Free to each section
  • Twisted section in knot.....
  • For some reason today, the knots were loosening, so I used a hairpin on each & every one of them.
  • Of course, I had to remove the pins for sleep, but my hair was staying in place by then.
  • In the morning, I took them down, but a few spots were still not 100% dry, so I went to work like this LOL:
  • Pics to come of work fluff out

No comments:

Post a Comment