Thursday, November 20

A Setback

After following advice to use a garlic treatment to prevent possible increased shedding due to the MT/OVT use, last week I used a infused garlic oil concoction my dear sister brewed up. I used it as a pre-poo. When I was rinsing it out, my hair was like straw, seemed like it would not absorb any water, was hard & crunchy; my new growth was even more water resistant!!! I never experienced anything like this before!!!
To try to get back to normal, I shampooed with SoSmooth creme shampoo then applied some Joico Moisture Balm, & Castor oil and applied my heat cap. After about 1 hour I rinsed and my hair was much better, but still not the same. I applied OVT to my scalp & sealed with Castor oil. During this comb out, I had a lot of shedding/breakage also....however I persevered on. I put Bantu knots in, smoothed the front, placed a silk scarf & sat under a dryer for 45 minutes. I wore a bun the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment