Monday, December 21
Sunday, December 13
So I did my whole head & here are my results. I was pleasantly surprised by the thickness & length. Had to do the ponytails for fun!
Thursday, December 3
Sunday, November 29
1. Shampooed & deep conditioned.
2. Applied Giovanni Direct as a leave in. This is my hair afterwards, before I did any manipulation/combing.
4. Applied Fantasia Frizz buster Straightening Gel to each section before rolling.
5. Sat under ionic dryer for 1 hour.
6. Airdried the rest overnight;still not 100% dry in the morning :(
Friday, October 16
Sunday, October 11
Thursday, October 8
This is my first attempt at smaller twists in an effort to get a more uniform twistout result.
This is my hair freshly washed & conditioned & SHRUNKEN UP!!!!
I applied Giovanni Direct Leave-In, just sealed with Castor Oil. Here are my smaller twists which I will leave in for the week:
Saturday, August 8
- Prepooed with the Ojon treatment.
- Shampooed with Ojon Shampoo.
- Conditioned with Giovanni Tea Tree conditioner & suave Humectress
- Rinsed, applied Giovanni Direct leavein with VO5 strawberries & cream milk(love the smell).
- Sealed with Castor Oil , applied Giovanni Gel to each section before twisting & placing a large roller on.
- Airdry overnight.
- These are the 5 day results of leaving the twist in.
Monday, July 27
- Prepoo with Ojon with heat 30 minutes.
- Shampoo with Ojon Mositurizing Poo(sulfate free).
- DC with my Joico!
- HE Breaks over for the combout, sealed with castor oil.
- Used the blowdry on cool & warm setting while stretching hair, holdings the ends to avoid drying out.
- Put a roller on each section immediately after.
- Airdry overnight.
I don't know what I will do with it in the morning, depends on how it looks! That's it...update tomorrow. I know, I know, pics too!
Wednesday, July 15
Sunday, July 5
Friday evening, I did a quick co-wash and tried my transitioning staple, Bantu knots....much harder to do with shorter hair, I had to pin the majority of my knots. I also had a bunch of straight hairs which I clipped during the process. I kind of liked the look, but I definitely need to find something to help with the hold & the shine.
This evening, I co-washed with V05 Peaches & Cream, then DC with Coconut Oil & Joico Moisture Balm with 30 minutes of heat. I used Giovanni Direct Leave-In & Pantene R&N Conditioner for the comb out.
I must say it is so nice to be able to comb my hair without tangles & puny relaxed ends needing extra TLC!!! I still have a bunch of renegade relaxed ends, I am just snipping them when I see them.
I decided to try braiding tonight, but I did the front row in twists, since I plan on wearing my half cap. I added Giovanni LA gel to the front twists to see how that works. My twists or braids ends don't just curl under...I wonder is it due to my remaining unsnipped straggly relaxed ends, I hope so. My twists from Thurs. were frizzed out the next day, but I didn't really use any holding product on them. I'll report my results tomorrow.
PS - The twists seemed more defined, however one of the front braids was not dry...but off to work I had to go, so it kind of frizzed up immediately. I blended in the front with my curly half cap and whoop there it is....
Friday, July 3
Wednesday, July 1
I have been wearing my hair with either the front out & loose with my natural look half cap or pulled back up into a kinky ponytail; either style showcases my waves, curls, kinks....I have had many comments about my hair, most are positive. It seems non-Black people have no problems with it, many say it is so beautiful and that I should stop wearing headbands and just let it be free, LOL; I usually wear a silk scarf that matches my clothing as a headband if my hair is not up.
Saturday, June 27
- I prepooed with Ojon Restorative Pre-Cleansing Treatment.
- Shampooed with Ojon Tawaka Rejuventaing Cleanser.
- DC with ORS Replensihing Pak, Suave Humectant, Texture Smoothing Conditioner & Rosemary EO with heat for 30 minutes.
- Leave in is Giovanni Direct, Pantene Relaxed & natural Conditioner for the leave in comb out conditioner. Sealed with Castor oil.
- Placed hair in about 20 twists, secured at base with hair clip.
- Air dry over night.
Friday, June 26
Mom: What's going on with your hair? Your hair makes you look like an African.
Dad: That's how it is supposed to be looking.
Mom: He means it looks good like that.
Me: What do you mean?
Mom: Oh, I meant it in a good way too.....
Saturday, June 20
Now I know, by getting back to natural, I have to let my hair do what it do....I guess I will just learn to work with it. In an effort to increase the texture in the front, this evening I decided to lightly dampen the front & section and twist into about 7 twists.
Friday, June 19
I decided if I still felt like this after the DC & shampoo, I would do it this evening....
Friday, June 12
Sunday, June 7
Here's what I did this time:
- Prepooed with Ojon Restorative Pre-Cleansing Treatment. The label says leave it on for up to 5 minutes, but whatever, I put it on, went to the grocery store, & then rinsed it out.
- Shampooed with Ojon Tawaka Rejuvenating Cleanser. Conditioned with Ojon Tawaka Rejuvenating Conditioner for 5 minutes. Rinsed out.
- Sectioned hair into 4 sections and applied Giovanni Direct Leave-In. Applied HE Break's Over to each section as a leave-in. Combed out without very few tangles or knotting YEA!Sectioned each quarter section into 2 sections and did Bantu knots.
- After this I proceeded to go get my hair cornrowed by my mother, in the two layer style so I can pop on my half cap whenever I want.
I will definitely be using this method going forward. The only other thing that worked this well was the oil rinsing method I tried a few months back. I can't wait until my BC, when I can try the fingercoil method with the conditioner like the tightlycurly.com site recommends for the ultimate curl definition with no friziness.
Saturday, June 6
I forgot to use it on wash day, so I refrigerated it & poured it on my scalp and hair while braided up the next day.
Nettle contains a great number of amino acids, glucidic substances, amines, sterols, cetones, ketones as methyl heptenone, acetophenone, volatile oil, fat substances, sitosterols, formic and acetic acid, panthotenic acid, folic acid, chlorophyl, protoporphyrine and coproporphynine. It also contains vitamins C, B2 and K, beta-carotene, calcium, magnesium, iron and Si salts, & phosphates. Because of these wonderful compounds, the plant also has anti-anaemic, anti-diabetic, hemostatic and diuretic properties. http://www.liveandfeel.com/medicinalplants/nettle.html
Friday, June 5
President Barack Obama bends over so the son of a White House staff member can pat his head during a family visit to the Oval Office May 8, 2009. The youngster wanted to see if the President's haircut felt like his own.
Wednesday, June 3
- Will I still be cute and a babe?
- Will people who already know me view me differently?
- Will people who don't know me at all form a different opinion of me due to my hair?
- My head is already big, will it look bigger?
- Is it too short to style?
- What type of curl pattern will I have, if any?
Friday, May 29
I did 12 Bantu knots & wore a half cap with a coordinated scarf all week. I wore a matching scarf covering my head with a knot in the back, while I did errands today and I don't think I got any funny looks, but I really didn't care that much anyway today. This evening, I applied my OVT/MT, spritzed and put into a high bun, tied a scarf to see what kind of waves I will get. I have an early appointment, so I will just wear my bun if it looks OK. I will take pics & post tomorrow. I have been slacking on pics due to my laptop's motherboard was out all week....
Sunday, May 17
Saturday, May 2
Today was really hectic and quite a few spontaneous things happened and I really wanted to wait until tomorrow, but tomorrow may be worse, so I am going to just do it this evening.
Sadly I didn't have a chance to pre-poo, I shampooed with Giovanni 50/50. For my DC, I used my Joico Balm(still love it!), EVOO & rosemary EO with heat for 30 minutes. My leave-in was Giovanni Direct and I sealed with castor oil.
I placed my hair in bantu knots to airdry over night and called it a day. Sometimes this hair stuff takes JUST TOO MUCH TIME!
Thursday, April 30
Ok, so as of late ALL of my hair thoughts are of cutting off my relaxed ends!!! I think it will be so liberating and so much easier to work with....It will be 10 months next week, longer than I thought I would make it transitioning.
I am going on vacation to the Dominican Republic in early May for a week & I would so love to BC before I go and just be free and wash & go...but I am afraid to be without all my hair support products so early in the all natural hair game. I was debating going to get some braids with hair added before I go, but I have mostly decided against it. I am currently planning just to get my Mom to do cornrows in 2 layers before I leave and just leave it like that for my days chilling on the beach & add a kinky half-cap for evenings.
Thursday, April 23
I absolutely love my texture...right now. I do have concerns about my texture appearance once I BC...will it curl up, coil up, kink up or just hang there.
Then the hair comments I already get, which I know will only increase and become more vocal once the BC is done. "Your edges are kind of rough", "Hey nappy", "I hope your hair won't look like ____(someone else natural whose hair ALWAYS looks dry) like you just rolled out of the bed & came to work".
Monday, April 6
- I prepooed with the Ojon Conditioning Treatment.
- Shampooed with Ojon Hydrating Shampoo.
- Deep conditioned with Joico Hydrating Balm with heat for 45 minutes.
- Giovanni Direct for a leave in & Mizani Heat serum.
- Sealed my hair with Castor oil.
- Sectioned & detangled in 4 sections.
- Twisted in 12 Bantu knots & air dried overnight.
- Maxiglided in sections and put a flexirod on each section while still warm.