Saturday, June 6

Nettle Tea for my Hair

So I am brewing nettle & horsetail tea for a hair rinse, 2 cups worth. It reportedly stimulates hair growth, thickens and softens hair and darkens grey hair after continued use. There are several favorable mentions on the internet, on the LHCF and in several natural beauty books I own. I plan to use it on my upcoming wash day and continue 2-3 x a week. I am planning to get my french braids again.

I forgot to use it on wash day, so I refrigerated it & poured it on my scalp and hair while braided up the next day.

Nettle contains a great number of amino acids, glucidic substances, amines, sterols, cetones, ketones as methyl heptenone, acetophenone, volatile oil, fat substances, sitosterols, formic and acetic acid, panthotenic acid, folic acid, chlorophyl, protoporphyrine and coproporphynine. It also contains vitamins C, B2 and K, beta-carotene, calcium, magnesium, iron and Si salts, & phosphates. Because of these wonderful compounds, the plant also has anti-anaemic, anti-diabetic, hemostatic and diuretic properties. http://www.liveandfeel.com/medicinalplants/nettle.html

No comments:

Post a Comment