Friday, February 26
Due to this winter coldness, I am so tired of having a wet/damp head. I decided I would blowdry my hair before twisting this time, to take of wet head & stretch my hair at the same time.
- I washed with Giovanni 50/50 shampoo.
- Followed with a DC combo of ORS packet, Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner & 1/2 tsp salt with heat for 30 minutes.
- Sectioned my hair into 1/2 palm size sections and did 2 strand twists to section off until blown dry.
- For my leave-in, I used Giovanni Direct Leave-in & a touch of Alba Botanica Leave-in http://www.iherb.com/Leave-in-Conditioner-Fragrance-Free-7-oz-198-g/9497?at=0 & sealed with Castor oil. This was my first time trying the Alba, I just love the all natural ingredient list. Since I was planning to blowdry I used a light touch on everything, I didn't want to use a bunch of heavy stuff on my hair.
- After completing the twists, I said to myself, Why should I blow it dry? I could just leave these chunky twists in until Monday morning & wear a twistout this week....BUT THEN MY HEAD STARTED FEELING COLD!
- So back to my original plan of blowdrying my hair...
- I got out my new Remington gemstone ceramic ionic blowdryer http://www.tag8.com/373-d2004adt.html and started my task....
- 1/3 complete...Isn't shrinkage amazing?
- Over 1/2 done....
- Finished! I gotta say natural unpermed hair is amazing! I am quite happy with my growing progress also & on the way to APL this summer!
Tuesday, February 9
So today was second day with the knot out. I wore a scarf that coordinated with my outfit.
Two of my co-workers came by & said my hair looked so nice & full. One of them(always in a wig) said that's not your hair. I said yes it is, she said again no it is not, I should pull it to see and PROCEEDED TO LIGHTLY TUG AT MY HAIR....then she apologizes Oh I am so sorry, I really did not believe that it was your hair. I really could not believe she did that! If she wasn't an older lady, I suppose I would have have handled differently, even though at her age she really knows better than to tug at someones hair....
The other co-worker said she wanted to get rid of her perm, but always failed after a few months due to excessive breaking. She then began asking for transition tips once I told her I was perm free and how I had transitioned for a year before doing my BC, so I was supportive to her.
Here is my hair today:
I am so happy to have another style besides twists!!
Sunday, February 7
I am unsure of what I will do with my hair this coming week...I want to try something new, maybe like a chunky twist out puff, if that makes any sense.
Anyways here is what I did:
- Prepoo with NTM Deep Recovery Hair Mask with heat for 15 minutes
- Shampoo with Giovanni 50/50 shampoo
- DC with a mix of 3/4 Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus, 1/4 Joico Moisture Recovery Balm & 1/2 tsp of salt under heat for 20 minutes
- Applied Giovanni Direct Leave in
- Applied AV gel & Castor oil to the front, brushed front flat & tied a silk scarf on the front
- Sealed each section with Castor oil, Bantu knots on the rest of my head
- Sat under dryer about 1 hour, so it would be dry by morning
- Still not 100% dry by morning
- In the morning, undid knots anyways, gotta go gotta go, finger combed into presentable
- Found a matching scarf