Saturday, October 23

Fall also = Cognac Martini

In addition to using pumpkin in everything I can think of in the fall, I am like a darker beverage to sip on, some brandy, cognac, Jack or Myers.  I pulled out my cognac & decided to make myself a nice chilled warming martini.  This is a serious drink, you will taste the alcohol.

Yak Martini
2 1/2 oz cognac (I like De Marsy XO)
1 oz limoncello ( I love Caravella)
1 oz Cointreau ( I used Controy, purchased in Mexico)
1/2 oz simple syrup (always have a batch in the fridge)
juice of half a lime (sadly I didn't have fresh which is the best)


Fill your shaker 1/2 full with ice, add all above ingredients.  Shake it like a Polaroid picture.  Pour into chilled martini glass & use a maraschino cherry for decoration.  Gaze at the ice crystals floating on the top!  ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment